Welcome to Berlin Memorial School Health Office
I want to welcome you as your School Nurse. My role is to work with you and your child to ensure a smooth, healthy transition from the home to Berlin Memorial School. I am here to assist in any way that I can as a nurse in the school health office.
Healthy children learn better. Please keep in mind the basics of healthy living and teach your child life-long health habits.
- Frequent handwashing is the first line of defense against germs.
- Start the day off right by eating a healthy breakfast. Breakfast-eaters score higher on tests and have better grades, behavior, and attendance.
- Encourage healthy foods: offer lots of fruits and vegetables and whole-grains; limit junk foods such as sweets and chips; have regular mealtimes.
- Encourage water for thirst instead of soda pop or juice.
- Be sure your children get DAILY exercise out in the fresh air whenever possible.
- Be sure they get plenty of rest each night.
- Teach your children to keep their bodies and hair clean (daily showers/shampoo), use deodorant as needed, to brush their teeth twice a day, and to wash their hands often.
- Avoid exposing your child to second-hand smoke, either in the house or in the car.
My goal is to team with you to ensure your child’s health and safety while they are at school. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. Here’s to a great school year!
BMS School Nurse