The Berlin-Boylston Regional Transition School Committee voted on April 14, 2020, to continue to accept a limited number of school choice slots. Details for each school, along with applications for each school are below.
Grade 3: 3
Grade 5: 3
Grade 6: 10
Grade 9: 10
Grade 10: 3
Openings updated 4-15-2020
School Choice Process:
1. In early spring each year, school principals make a recommendation to the School Committee as to how many students each building will be able to accommodate in which grades for the upcoming school year.
2. In April of each year, the School Committee votes to accept or revise these numbers. These numbers will be posted on this page after the School Committee vote is approved.
3. School Choice applications for students in the approved grades, received by May 1 will be eligible to be awarded a School Choice slot. If more applications are received than available slots, a random lottery will take place. Those students will be notified if a lottery is necessary.
4. In mid-May, students are notified if they have been awarded a slot and have ten days to accept or decline. If the slot is declined and there are more students interested in that grade level, another lottery will be held.
5. When a lottery is necessary, slots are awarded randomly by blind lottery. Berlin-Boylston Public Schools does not take sex, race, ability/disability, grades, date of application, city/town of residence or any other factors into consideration when awarding slots.
6. Applications may be submitted at any time of year; however, please know this does not give your student priority. Please submit applications directly to the school your child hopes to attend.